80th Birthday Anniversary of the President Emeritus
Aeronautic Engineering Program
Assumption University of Thailand has signed an MOU of Academic Collaboration with Thai Airways International Public Company Limited and Bangkok Aviation Center (BAC) in order to develop the Bachelor of Engineering Program in Aeronautic Engineering. This program will be launched in June, 2011.
The Bachelor of Engineering Program in Aeronautic Engineering aims to produce graduates who have engineering knowledge in airplanes and skills in controlling airplanes, capable of working in both public and private sectors. The graduates’ morals and ethics will be developed to make them good members of the society. The leadership and team work skills are also integral characteristics of the graduates.
• Multi-crew Pilot
• Commercial Pilot
• Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
• 147 Credits
1. M. 6 certificate (grade 12) or its equivalent as issued by the Ministry of Education;
2. Medical certificate of at least Class 2 from the Institute of Aviation Medicine, Bhumibol Adulyadej Hospital;
3. Applicants must be physically and mentally healthy; and
4. Applicants must demonstrate good behavior and good attitudes toward their studies and strictly conform to the University’s rules and regulations.
Aeronautic Engineering curriculum’s guidelines
1. Those who are interested to study engineering courses and Aeronautical engineering, must pass
class 2 medical examinations from the institute of Aviation Medicine, Bhumibol Adulyadej Hospital or Bangkok Hospital, Thailand.
2. First year second semester students will undergo basic pilot training.
3. Second year first semester students are required it take an examination to qualify for Private Pilot Licenses (PPL) at the Department of Civil Aviation, Thailand.
4. Second year second semester students will have to enroll and pass class 1 medical examinations.
5. Third year first semester students may choose the following majors: 5.1 Multi-Crew Pilot License (MPL) or 5.2 Commercial Pilot License (CPL).
6. Students who obtain Private Pilot Licenses (PPL) are deemed to have the added potential of flying
through the Instrument Rating (IR) and the Department of Civil Aviation Verification
7. Test Multi Engine Rating (MR) after class hours: Training for Multi Engine Operations at the airport by the Civil Aviation Department. Students must hold Private Pilot Licenses (PPL) prior to passing this examination 8. When a student graduates he/she must have completed Commercial Pilot License (CPL) and (Multi-Crew Pilot License, MPL). In the CPL cases of students who did not hold License PPL, they will need to ensure that they pass (IR), (ME), (CLP.) simultaneously.
Assumption University confers the degree of Bachelor of Engineering Program in Aeronautic Engineering upon students who meet all of the following requirements:
• Complete of the total number of credits of the curriculum
• Obtain a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00
• Participate in 16 sessions of the Business Ethics Seminars
• Have library and financial clearance with the University
• Have demonstrated good behavior and discipline